Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Letter to Purpose

Difficult

You're one stubborn…You're just impossible

What do I have to do?

Live here, just live, looking for you only to find I'll never find you

What do you have to do with all of this?

There's no life without purpose

But what if there's no purpose?

Nothing worth noting

And how will we know when we find you.

To do what you're meant to do? Who says?

I'd like to think that purpose is another way of saying you're free to do whatever you want.

That we have the choice and we always have

That we're meant to do what we do, but that what we do is completely up to us.

That's not the case, not the case for me anyhow.

There's something that my soul yearns for, Something that seems right and purposeful.

Something unrecognizable and that's not of me

An outside influence upon my life, within me but foreign to me.

One day I'll know what it is, that which my soul yearns for

Which is attainable, but impossible to keep

That which once attained, the soul needs it no more

That which the mind doesn't care for, but it can't ignore

That which my heart can't live without

If all else disappeared, it would still remain completely self sufficient and unbounded.

Purpose… I can't make it appear, disappear or reappear.

Always in motion, in every thought in inside me mind.

 
 

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment